Paystack is live in South Africa
"Paystack is live in South Africa, and we're super excited to bring our services to even more ambitious brands and businesses on the continent", CEO, Shola Akinlade of Paystack said.
Paystack's API suite helps developers and technical teams build amazing payments experiences.
Over the past six months, we ran a pilot in South Africa and worked very closely with incredible developers and business owners. They helped us appreciate the local commerce landscape and deepen our understanding of your needs.
We also helped hundreds of businesses — tech startups, ecommerce stores, agencies, and creators — get paid online, and built out our team in South Africa to better serve you.
We learnt so much during the pilot, and today, we're thrilled to open our doors to everyone.
To get started with Paystack in South Africa, simply create a free account at paystack.com/signup and follow the step-by-step instructions on your screen. It only takes a few minutes
When you create your free Paystack account today, you have immediate access to the following features:
- Well-documented APIs, libraries, and SDKs to help you build custom payment experiences
- A robust lineup of plugins to ecommerce platforms, such as WordPress, Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce, Wix, and lots more.
- Simple, powerful seller tools to help you bring your ideas to market beautifully
- Automated recurring billing
- A data Dashboard to monitor your business' performance
- Advanced fraud detection
- Detailed reporting for accounting, reconciliation, and audits
- No signup or recurring monthly fees, and lots more!
You don't need to have a website to use Paystack. Thousands of businesses use our free seller tools to create an online presence for their brands and accept payments.
You can also use the majority of Paystack features as an individual business owner without a registered business. This is a breakdown of features available to non-registered businesses, which we call Starter Businesses.
Your business should go live within 24 hours of sending in an activation request. After you create your Paystack account you'll immediately have access to a test environment where you can kick the tires on the platform, but you'll only be able to accept real payments after a review.
Paystack also we partner with development agencies. If you're building interesting solutions for your clients, we'd love to explore a partnership with you.