Evergreen Herbs Ltd, one of East Africa’s producers of fresh cut herbs, has started operations at a farm that was set to close in Kajiado, Nairobi.
Epsilon, a global connectivity and communications service provider, has partnered with Business Connexion (BCX), one of South Africa's technology companies, to deliver high performance data centre interconnection (DCI) services for African enterprises.
The U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) expanded its support for Mozambique’s energy sector by funding two projects that will help deliver electricity to thousands of households through wind power and energy storage technology.
The U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) awarded a grant for a feasibility study to help Lekela Energie Stockage deploy utility-scale battery storage technology in support of its Taiba N’Diaye wind farm, the largest of its kind in Senegal and West Africa.
Emirates announced it will resume flights to Johannesburg (1 October), Cape Town (1 October), Durban (4 October) in South Africa; Harare in Zimbabwe (1 October); and Mauritius (3 October).
CDC Group, UK’s development finance institution and impact investor signed a memorandum of understanding with the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority to facilitate long-term inclusive growth.
Vuna Partners Fund announced its acquisition of an 80% equity stake in 4PL Group Proprietary (4PL), with the remaining 20% shareholding held by the management of 4PL Group.
The World Business Angels Investment Forum announced the African Development Bank as its newest Board Member.
Esri, the global player in location intelligence, has announced a joint initiative with AfroChampions, a Pan-African nonprofit that aims to promote policies that foster private-public collaboration for Africa's economic transformation.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise, HPE, has announced collaboration with global research partnership the CGIAR System Organization (CGIAR) to uncover insights about food security challenges, now intensified due to COVID-19.
Family owned businesses are estimated to contribute over 70% of global GDP.
As a valued member of Africa Business Communities, we invite you to participate in this a survey to better understand the impact of COVID19 on the current economy in general and within specific industries, but also look at the near future
See how your peers are using Google Cloud to run their businesses from home; Real-time collaboration, Video conference, Insight and data security, Manage discounts
The 2020 lockdowns have fundamentally changed the way business operates with new operational models allowing remote working. Broadband connectivity is essential to achieve this.
Global agri-food trade has more than doubled since 1995, amounting to $1.5 trillion in 2018, with emerging and developing countries' exports on the rise and accounting for over one-third of the world's total, FAO reports.
Global finance to developing countries in support of clean and renewable energy reached $21.3 billion in 2017, which almost doubles the level from 2010 when international financial flows were at $10 billion.
Money transfer abroad is so easy today. And so difficult. $445 billion of remittances want to be transferred. This amount is higher than we can imagine.
In the South Africa of about 15 years ago, total retail sales via ecommerce hovered at R2 billion. This year, the estimate for total online retail sales is close to R14 billion – a phenomenal 700 percent increase.
When Anadarko Petroleum Corp. confirmed last year it would be constructing a $20 billion liquified natural gas (LNG) plant in Mozambique, this was major news.
A Standard Chartered survey finds that COVID-19 is significantly impacting personal finances globally, with one-third (65% in Kenya) already earning less and more than half expecting the pandemic to further affect their income and/or employment.