[Vacancy] Incentro is looking for a Financial Controller
Incentro is directly looking for a:
As a Finance Controller you provide technical Controllership guidance to both finance and commercial leaders across countries within Kenya and the Netherlands (with future oversight over other African markets the business is to expand to). The Controller will be responsible for adherence to globally accepted as well as specific and local accounting policies, financial systems and internal controls.
Fancy doing this at the #1 Google Premier partner of East-Africa? Then read on...
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in accounting, finance, or other business related field and minimum of 5 years progressive accounting or finance experience or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in GAAP, local GAAP and authoritative accounting literature
- CPA /ACCA, Audit, or Internal Audit experience not mandatory but added advantage
- Having expertise on multiple deliverable revenue models is an asset
- Integrity: accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others;
- Confidence/Assertiveness: strong influencing & communication skills, notably for resourcing and adoption of bigger global projects or to push back on local initiatives;
- Experience working in a global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows, while being able to work within teams that require collaboration for a big win outcome;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex business issues in a clear/concise manner;
- Clear thinking/problem solving strong bias for simplification and process improvements;
- Experience working in a matrixed environment
- Ability to run projects independently with minimal supervision.
- Collaboration with shared service finance and accounting teams for ‘Record to Report’ in Netherlands, Kenya as well as third party teams in other countries to ensure timely and accurate recording of financial transactions in compliance with appropriate accounting standards
- Financial statements must reflect a true and fair view of the state of affairs of the management and statutory books and a high quality of book-keeping is expected
- Responsible for the accuracy of the balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statements of their entity or entities and other financial reporting modules
- Completion of the balance sheet account reconciliations within corporate deadlines and with no aged unreconciled accounts
- Alignment of local policies to ensure timely filing of all statutory and regulatory records and ensure smooth engagement with external regulators, tax authorities, external and internal auditors
- Ensuring accurate and timely revenue recognition in line with GAAP and maintenance of appropriate revenue reserves
- Monitoring inventory & fixed asset levels and ensure regular counts, reserves and adjustments are made in compliance with company policy and processes
- Strong engagement with independent third parties and channel partners who represent the market place, ensuring adherence to company’s policies and procedures for compliance and risk management
- Lead periodic process and compliance audits including but not limited to inventory counts
- Perform routine training's/refreshers to non-Finance personnel on key compliance & controller ship policies and procedures that guide commercial operations
- Close collaboration with management teams to build a culture of two-way knowledge and information sharing
- Research and advice on complex technical accounting issues in coordination with management and external advisers and a flexibility to work on regional or global projects as required by their skillset
- The preparation of quarterly pre-close and management risk review packs in addition monthly controllership reviews with key operations and financial management personnel, noting a heavy focus on cash flow and cash needs to maximise free cash flow for the local business
- Drive closure of open audit issues and proactively work to prevent future issues / manage risk
- Lead resulting corrective action process implementation and follow up throughout the organisation
- Provide required mentoring, coaching of subordinate finance team members to ensure personal and professional growth and promote open reporting/compliance mindset within the Team
- Champion compliance & risk mitigation and foster strong compliance culture – engage relevant personnel to ensure prompt identification and mitigation of compliance risks related to commercial activities
- Implement, maintain and optimise required internal controls within East Africa in line with company’s requirements and as appropriate for local risk management
- Provide strong operational support to commercial and order operations management teams. Give financial and leadership support to teams on the ground to help execute in a challenging environment and navigate through complexity
- Preparation of the books of accounts utilizing Xero which will include revenue/income recognition, expenses accounting, fixed assets, capital contributions, intercompany accounting and budget management.
- Preparation of monthly and end year management accounts that include statements of financial statements, aged debtors and creditors listing.
- Payment processing and facilitation of online banking.
- Filing all third-party support documents supporting all payments made by the company;
- Tax management - including VAT, witholding taxes, exercise duty, corporate taxes and filing of annual returns.
- Administration and maintenance of the company's payroll, and administration of the processing of payroll and calculation of applicable tax (PAYE) and other statutory or voluntary deductions such as NSSF, NHIF, HELB, advances, pension funds.
- Provide support of the annual audit processes such as the provision of schedules and information.
What we offer:
First, we offer a competitive salary ………(depending on expertise). We are always open to suggestions, based on your experience and skills. So, if you have anything in mind, please let us know.
But, enough about money, Incentro offers much more. We organise legendary drinks, parties and unforgettable team building trips! In our international setting you get the tools and trust to work autonomously. And you get to learn and grow in the process! For us it’s only natural to take good care of our people. That is what made us the 2nd best place to work in Kenya!
With change, we make our customers stronger. By creation we improve the customer experience for the world's largest brands. The result? Digital breakthroughs. A combination of (big) data, marketing, digital design and the desire to change has led us here. Are you ready for your next career step? Welcome to Incentro. Apply for this job here.