[Innovation Forum Webinar] Partnering to Reduce Deforestation in the Cocoa Supply Chain
In this webinar, Mondelēz International and its Cocoa Life partners will share their experiences with addressing deforestation and helping cocoa farmers become more resilient against the effects of climate change though cross-sector collaboration. This webinar is sponsored by Mondelēz International Cocoa Life.
- Cédric van Cutsem, global operations manager, Cocoa Life, Mondelēz International
- Marc Daubrey, CEO, Impactum
- Andrew Bovarnick, lead natural resource economist and global head, Green Commodities Program, UNDP
Moderated by: Ian Welsh, publishing director, Innovation Forum
The webinar will take place on Wednesday 27th September at 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM CEST.
The cocoa conversation will be continued at Innovation Forum’s How Business can Tackle Deforestation being held in London on 14-15 November.
Some highlights of the agenda include:
- An in-depth look at IOI Loders Croklaan’s latest deforestation commitments presented by Ben Vreeburg and critiqued by a panel of ‘dragons’, including representatives from Mighty, Robertsbridge and a palm oil buyer.
- BNP Paribas and ABN AMRO will join a panel of banks to talk about efforts within the banking sector to combat deforestation financing.
- A practical session showcasing the latest innovations in technology designed to prevent and detect deforestation within supply chains.
- A workshop focussed on clearing up the common misconceptions around the High Conservation Value and High Carbon Stock approaches.
We have confirmed a strong list of speakers from companies and organisations such as Marks and Spencer, L’Oréal, APRIL, Barry Callebaut, IOI Loders Croklaan, Bunge, Olam, BNP Paribas, ABN AMRO, Pearson, Oxfam, TFA 2020, TFT, RSPO, HCV Resource Network, The Consumer Goods Forum, Rainforest Alliance, UTZ and more. You can find the latest list of speakers on the event webpage.
Please note that the early bird discount deadline is this Friday 8th September. Register now to save £200. As our member, you are entitled to an additional 15% discount. Just enter the code ‘ABC15’ at the checkout.
If you have any questions about the webinar or the conference please email Narni at Narni.Brooke-Adil@innovation-forum.co.uk